This holiday season retailers are working harder than ever to get consumers shopping in their stories, especially online. Recently All Facebook.com reported Toys R Us and Babys R Us’ new e-commerce enhancements that help users to organise boards of items which they can share across several social media sites. Now this is not anything new but the fact that it’s now an important feature on the site shows the companies adaptation to the latest digital technology trends and user behavior.
The new e-commerce enhancements include:
- A feature allowing users to organize the items they would most like to receive on themed boards, much like Amazon’s wish lists
- Improved site navigation.
- Enhanced product detail pages with larger, higher-quality images.
- An Info Center that provides quick access to information on services, shipping, returns, and other topics.
- The Savings Center hub for local weekly ads, current specials, and clearance items.
- A gift finder
- Live chat support
As a Digital Strategist, I’d love to see results generated on the sharing and purchase funnel these enhancements could make. I’m definitely looking forward to seeing what other companies do to optimize the shopping experience further.